k–ü–n–g is a small, independent graphic design bureau based in Portugal, consisting of one person: Valdemar Lamego. I've been working under the moniker k–ü–n–g since late 2010. Before that I worked in some of the leading design agencies in Portugal: by, RMAC, +2designers, Mola.Ativism and ALVA. Some select works done before k-ü-n-g can be seen on Flickr.
The studio's methodology is built on the goal to communicate the intrinsic attributes of each commission through well-crafted, thoughtful and direct solutions. A grounding on conceptual thinking and a distinctive typographic approach is essential to the studio's practice. k–ü–n–g work reflects its time and is often personal — informed by the curious observation of contemporary culture. Collaboration with other designers is a constant source of renewal and inspiration.
Please contact me (+351 968 287 663) for enquiries or possible collaborations.
Facebook | Linkedin | Behance | Tumblr
Books & Magazines
• Musabook. ed. IDN Pro
• Nothing Last Forever. ed. Basher Design Books
• Los Logos 5. ed. Die Gestalten Verlag
• ADC*E 2007
• ComputerArts Portugal #13 (02.2012)
• Computer Arts Collection vol.II #02 - Typography
• Page Unlimited 2 ed. Sandy Publishing
• Type Plus ed. Unit Editions
• Portugal by Design
• Slanted Magazine #27 - Portugal
I would like to thanks my family for always supporting me. I, also, would like to thank some people that believed in me and helped me becoming the designer i am today: Francisco Vaz Fernandes, Luis Castro, Rui Vieira, Rui Morais, Artur Sempere, Vasco Colombo, Raquel Porto, Ricardo Matos, Filipe Mesquita, Ricardo Santos, Carlos Matias, Paulo Lima, Trevor Gratham-Morris, Graça Martins, and many others. Thank you!
• Gold — Editorial Design Periodical Publications CCP 2012: PARQ Magazine • Gold — Editorial Design CCP 2010: FullCover magazine. client: MDS working at: Mola.Ativism • Silver — Self Promotion CCP 2009: Anagrama Brochure. client: Pure.Ativism working at: Mola.ativism • Silver — Self Promotion CCP 2009: Ativism Annual. client: Ativism working at: Mola.ativism • Finalist LIA 2009 — Editorial Design: Anagrama Brochure. client: Pure.Ativism working at: Mola.ativism • Finalist LIA 2009 — Editorial Design: Ativism Annual. client: Ativism working at: Mola.ativism • Silver Editorial Design CCP 2007 (Portuguese Creative Club): DIF magazine • Gold Design Meios&Publicidade Awards 2007: DIF magazine